Hickory Grove Rural School Museum
Battin Chapel located at the Junction of E41(Old Highway 30) and J Avenue
Constructed in 1889, this one room school served the residents of Yell Township in Boone County until 1956. The building was moved to its present site at Don Williams Recreation Area in 1964 and restored in 1972. In 2007 the school was moved to the Battin Chapel Complex located 2 miles east of Ogden.
Highlights of the Museum:
- -Original double desks, stage curtain, pot bellied stove, angle lamps, and pump organ.
- -Early text books, documents, and photographs of rural schools in Boone County.
- -Authentic teachers' and children's costumes
- Open by appointment call 515-432-1907